Emergency Medical Services Our History Apparatus Stations
Fire Company Officers Fire Company Members Junior Fire Department Honorary Members Career Fire/EMS Auxillary Officers Auxillary Members In Memory
Live Run Log Recruitment Fire Prevention Live Dispatch Related Links
Presidents Award Delaware Volunteer Firefighters Hall of Fame Louis A. Rickards President Award Fireman of the Year Scholarship Award T. A. Shipley Scholarship Award Fire Chief's Award DVF Hall of Fame
Event Calendar Duty Officer

Headquarters Station 1

The current Station 1 was built in 1992 replacing the fire house that was purchased in 1931. This building has many modern features including sleeping quarters for the volunteers and a command center for the City of Lewes for major emergencies. A museum room was added in 2007 to house our 1925 American LaFrance antique pumper along with displaying our history. The original Station 1 was in City Hall and located on West Third Street from the late 1800's through 1931, currently housing an antique store

Station 2

This new station was built during 2014 and went into service in 2015 to supplement service to the rapidly growing Nassau area. The original Station 2 started in a pole barn style boat storage building in 1987 around the corner form our current location. The second building served from 1989-2013 at our current location and was razed in 2013 to make room for our new structure. The current building was designed to take us thru the next century. The building totaling 24,500 square feet is two stories with a partial basement with elevator service to all floors. The first floor hosts bunk rooms, offices, laundry room, tool room, radio, room, and compressor room. There is also a kitchen and members lounge. The second floor includes 2100 plus square feet of meeting or gathering area, large breakout training room, kitchen for the meeting area, offices, and storage. Basement area includes 4 mechanical type rooms, a large fitness room, two locker rooms and two large flexible storage rooms. It houses an engine/tanker, rescue truck, brush truck, ambulance, utility vehicle and a small boat. Station 2 is also the site of the annual Ladies Shrimp Eat.

Station 3

The Lewes and Rehoboth Station 3 was dedicated May 24, 2003. This is a joint project by the Lewes and Rehoboth Beach Fire Companies. Located on Rt 24, this station was built to serve the ever increasing population of the Angola area. The building is 80x96 feet and is situated on 2.5 acres of land. The structure contains three drive through engine bays along with a two story office and crew area.

Marine Docking Facility

Docking Facility for Marine 1, on the DNREC property at the end of Pilottown Road, north of the Public Boat Ramp